NEC 2690WUXi - can it handle regular sRGB?

Started Oct 1, 2007 | Discussions thread
OP Tom_Bruno Senior Member • Posts: 1,354
Pulled the trigger: NEC 2490WUXi

Mark H wrote:
I'll take that as a compliment - thanks!

It was meant as such.

After all this rumination I've placed an order. I decided on the NEC 2490WUXi, which is standard gamut. I do not have time to mess around with with compensating for the various color space imbalances detailed in previous posts. I just want to plug 'er in and turn 'er on, then use it for the internet, Photoshop, Office and everything else, without having to think about it.

And I will calibrate it. I've ordered an Eye One Display 2 unit.

I got it from PC Connection at $1,132 with free shipping. A good price. Prices have been dropping on this unit, and there was a recent rebate, so there may be a new one in the wings. That means this one is a bargain, since it used to go for $500 dollars more.

I feel comfortable about this decision, thanks to all the detailed information you here on the forum have so kindly taken the time to volunteer. I am very grateful to you all. The DPR PC forum is the best.

I'll try to return the favor by posting my experience with this screen. It ships tomorrow, so probably by next week I'll have something to report.

Thanks all.

-- hide signature --

Tom B

Tom_Bruno's gear list:Tom_Bruno's gear list
Canon G9 X Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
HAE
VG
DRG
(unknown member)
7d7
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow