D300 my first impression at the Expo

Started Oct 4, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
forre Forum Member • Posts: 89
D300 my first impression at the Expo

Yesterday, I could try D300 at the Expo in Paris. I'm coming myself from Nikon D80 and Canon 30D (sports mostly) and own them both. So please don't accuse me of being biased, as I shoot with both and I like both.

I was impressed by the camera build. Even if I don't like big bodies, this one felt well in my hands. It's a very fast and very precise machine. Focusing is great, colour rendition is according with the latest digital trends - vivid colours. Live View works great too. 8 f/sec. with the grip puts this machine in its own class under $2000 sports equipment. It really has no weak points except noise at high ISO. I can't tell that I was impressed but it's acceptable. Here are two exaples. Please note, there are no test charts and I had no chance in the world to do a better test. So, it's all preliminary.

We talked to the Nikon France people and they said if you order it now, there's no guarantee you'll receive D300 by the end of the year. Well, that's really dissapointing I think.

ISO 1250, crop 100%

ISO 4800, crop 100%

Tech. data and more pictures in my report (tech. data is in English)
http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/ritz/post52657249/

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Olga

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
thw
thw
thw
Hej
Hej
NNS
Hej
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow