NEC 2690WUXi - can it handle regular sRGB?

Started Oct 1, 2007 | Discussions thread
DavidC Senior Member • Posts: 2,145
Re: Edit to last post

Tom_Bruno wrote:
David, your experience is different:

I have a 2690 and have the colour space set to sRGB. I calibrate it with an Eye-One Display 2 and my vga card software shows these profiles and appears to use them quite happily.

Do you set the monitor to sRGB and leave it there? When you use
Photoshop, are you using the 2690 in sRGB mode? Does that mean if
you set the 2690 to sRGB, ignoring aRGB, you can see images properly
in Photoshop?

Please bear with me on these questions. I'm coming from a CRT. I
have never owned an LCD monitor.

Tom

I've got this wrong. Your post pushed me to have another look at the 2690 manual and it now looks to me as though a calibrated profile will not change settings when the display is in sRGB mode. Under "Colour Control Systems" the manual says:
"Native, sRGB: Original colour presented by the LCD panel that is unadjustable."

In the other colour presets (1, 2, 3, , and 5) Temperature, White Balance, Hue, Saturation" ...
can be adjusted.

I use sRGB in my Canon 40D camera, in Photoshop and in the display. I have not noticed any colour shifts when moving an image between these. I did see colour problems when I had colour set to aRGB in PS and moved images between the sRGB Corel Painter software and PS. Since most of my work is for the web and printing is amateur, staying in sRGB works ok. Though it has come as a bit of a shock that profiles are ineffective when the 2690 is in sRGB mode.

I'll have to do some tests profiling an adjustable preset.

David

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
HAE
VG
DRG
(unknown member)
7d7
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow