NEC 2690WUXi - can it handle regular sRGB?

Started Oct 1, 2007 | Discussions thread
Jim Dandy Regular Member • Posts: 178
Re: NEC 2690WUXi - can it handle regular sRGB?

Hi Tom,

I just installed a NEC 2690WUXi and I went through the decision you are trying to make now.

I bought the 2690 over the others because:

1) I do color critical photoshop work for my images, all in aRGB so I wanted the 93% coverage of the Abobe colorspace.

2) I do not care about sRGB except when preparing images for the web. The 2690 has an option to set it up for the sRGB colorspace when I need to use it.

3) I didn't want to deal with the Eizo because of the luminescence variance across the screen and it's lower coverage ofthe aRGB colorspace. If you want an Eizo for color critical work you need to but a CG series.

So, if I did not work in the aRGB colorspace like I do I would have opted for the NEC 2490 over the Eizo.

With my monitor set to use the aRGB colorspace, everything I have seen on the web so far looks fine on this monitor. I am not overly critical of someone else's work when I have no idea what it is supposed to look like. I do not see a problem with images being over saturated.

Hope this helps.
--
Jim
http://www.jimcolephoto.com
Flagstaff, Arizona

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
HAE
VG
DRG
(unknown member)
7d7
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow