It may be the uncertainty that is hurting Canon users.

Started Sep 26, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
K.Y.Lee Contributing Member • Posts: 680
It may be the uncertainty that is hurting Canon users.

In the last month or 2, visiting Canon 1D forum is disheartening, not only in dpreview, but other forums (in my locality too) as well. People busy defending their brand, looking for answers (AF issue), flaming other brand users for sense of security .......

I think it is not only the "my beloved camera brand may no longer be the best" sort of things, but the uncertainty of how good their "rival" actually is that is making people feeling bad.

I have been here for a few years and learned quite a lot from constructive users, so I think may be I can contribute a little bit to help unmasking some of the uncertainties......

I did performed and posted many Canon gear tests here and in my locality, but never have I tried comparing brands, as it will most likely ending up making more enemies and critics than friends. However, my own uncertainty and curiosity has pushed me to do something silly:

There are still so many images to deal with, noise, metering, WB, AF tracking, sharpness..... and I will need a day or two to organise them, please be patient and come back soon if you are interested.

Be brave to admire the good things from your "rival", as this will most likely lead to your own improvement.

Cheers Canon friends!

ky

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow