Putting a lens hood on the Canon 70-300
Does anyone else find this a PITA?
Actually, I guess it would be the same for any lens that the front element rotates, but isn't full time manual focus.
OK, question is; has anyone noticed whether it does any harm to attach the hood while the lens is set to AF, and the torque of putting the hood on causes the lens to rotate? (the part that rotates when focusing)
I try to remember to set the lens to MF so there is no strain on the motor, but sometimes I forget, like just a few minutes ago.
I'm going to call Canon and ask them, but I figure that they will take the easy way out and tell me it's a no-no just to cover their butt. (not cynical am I
Anywho, any thoughts one way or the other?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%