If you get on with the G7's lack of grip and the button layout then
Stick with it !! I'd still have it now if I did but I have long thin
hands and ended up with thumbs all over the place and the IS making
up for the lack of grip ..
There's no point whatsoever in you updating to the G9 either, it's
the same camera, the 2Mp make very little difference - A640 owners
have that 6X IS lens to upgrade to in athe 650 which is a worthy
upgrade - if the 650 had used the non-IS 4X zoom, I'd have worked
harder searching out an end of line or used 640.

Just to clarify - I unfortunately already returned the G7 about a week ago because of the drop in price of the S5. In the meantime, I took an in-depth look at the images which turned out to be cleaner and sharper than the S5. I should have done this first. So at this point, I would get the G9 since I don't have either.

Interestingly, I thought the G7 lack of grip would give me camera shake effects (I sometimes encounter very slight camera shake). However, there were no noticeable effects.

Adam - just so you know, I've followed this wonderful thread and gleaned a lot of information. I want to express my gratitude to you for taking all the time and effort to help all of us here. These posts and photos are very helpful - even though I'm probably going for the G9.....maybe.

Maria

-- hide signature --

Marla's gear list:Marla's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow