The LiveView Poll

Started Sep 5, 2007 | Discussions thread
jdblaw Junior Member • Posts: 49
Re: It will hurt sales and photographers

Yes not having live view will hurt sales, and rightly so.

Live view with an LCD visible from a wide-angle is useful. A tilt and swivel LCD would be very useful.

I have some Minolta legacy lenses. I would have bought a Sony with a tilt and swivel live view. I also have Nikon. I have no reason to invest more in Sony when Nikon offers better cameras, more lenses and a much better flash system, and they're less expensive than Sony.

There's no reason why photographs have to be taken with a couple of pounds of machinery glued to your eye. Why not both a tilt and swivel finder and an optical SLR finder.

TLRs had waste level finders, and sometimes that was a good way to take a photograph. Some hugely expensive professional grade medium format cameras have waist level finders. If you want to take a candid photograph, it helps to have a waist level finder. If you don't want to crouch in some hideous position to get a low angle, it helps to have a tilting finder. Camera manufacturers know that sometimes you need right-angle finders. The only reason Zigview exists is because there'e a need for a different kind of finder to compliment the optical eyepiece.

If you build it, they will come.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJL
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
psn
RVG
(unknown member)
ck3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
itt
tom
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow