The LiveView Poll

Started Sep 5, 2007 | Discussions thread
rickspics New Member • Posts: 13
Re: Live view uses - several I use

I have only been shooting for a little over a year. I have a SONY H5 and am now anticipating making the move to my first DSLR. I will consider the D300, 40D, and the A700. While not absolutely necessary I have found liveview to be useful in several situations.

1) I use it if I'm doing a shot from a low angle. The H5 does not have a swivel LCD but if you back off you can usually see it fine.

2) For landscapes (I like to do waterfalls) that require a vertical shot it is easier for me than the viewfinder. I usually use with a tripod.

3) It is very beneficial for sunsets so that you can look indirectly at the sun via the LCD rather than directly into it through the viewfinder which is hard on the eyes.
4) Occasionally I will use for close-ups when I am using a tripod.

I could probably live without liveview but it is another tool at my disposal to take photos and if used properly can be beneficial. It is not as important to me as fast focus, good lenses, and low noise, high ISO. However, if those features are relatively equal I would choose the one with the liveview.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJL
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
psn
RVG
(unknown member)
ck3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
itt
tom
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow