Sony just leaked their new cam

Started Sep 5, 2007 | Discussions thread
OP gipper51 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,236
Re: It swivels?

SchnellerGT wrote:

Looking at the white arrow in this pic, it appears to swivel?

Interesting design. Definitely different. Instead of a swivel LCD,
the entire body might swivel. Might be a good idea with LiveView but
sounds annoying to me for normal use.

I am curious to know what kind of partnership Nikon and Sony have.
Seems like they are "merging" to compete against Canon, sharing LCD
and CMOS technology. Also looks like the A700's party piece will be
its in-body IS (SteadyShot)?

Nope, it doesn't swivel, that's just a screenshot from an animation video Sony had posted (which as since been pulled from the net). No telling what the swivel arrow was indicating. It's a pretty straightforward camera design.

Sony has always provided sensors for Nikon. All Nikon DSLRs except the D2h series sport Sony sensors (D3 is unknown, but likely shares the same sensor as the upcoming Sony Pro model). I'm fairly sure Sony makes the LCD screen also.

Re: Sony - now using CF ?? huh and sony memory card (NT)

The A100 used CF. There's an adapter to use the Sony memory. This cam just has a separate slot for Memory stick.

As a Sony/Minolta user, I'm excited about this one. The upgraded Dynamic Range Optimizer feature looks interesting, now has 5 levels of adjustability. That feature worked pretty well in the A100, but it was all or nothing and was a bit unpredicatable. But it gave about an extra 1 - 1.5 stops of DR in JPG mode.

Price is rumored at $1400 US.

-- hide signature --

My gallery for your perusal:
http://www.pbase.com/gipper51/root

gipper51's gear list:gipper51's gear list
Panasonic LX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow