The LiveView Poll

Started Sep 5, 2007 | Discussions thread
WaltKnapp Forum Pro • Posts: 13,857
Re: Carl ....

busch wrote:

I'm well aware of that but the let's see what is in the cards....

Had Sony implemented live view with the A700 I would have taken it as a indication that Sony would next be implementing a LCD in the viewfinder given their history as a P&S camera company and some of the statements out of their management when they took over Minolta DSLR's. And I'm sure I'd not be the only one. Is that the desirable future that advanced DSLR users want? A P&S with interchangable lenses? It would be cheaper and simpler for Sony to make, which is certainly one of their goals. It would also make inevitable the end of the A mount. No optical viewfinder you could come up with a new mount closer to the sensor and shrink the camera size.

Of course that could all be done starting from a P&S easier than from a DSLR. Design in a separation mount for the R1 lens to separate it from the body, then start making lenses for that mount. Trivial really, of course getting anybody to buy it might be interesting. Seeing as how there would still be DSLR's.

And there is a separate group here for Sony P&S. Where it would be more appropriate to discuss such things.

I'm just hoping I can buy another DSLR with a quality optical viewfinder before they go away. Since no one wants optical viewfinders anymore.....And then hoping it will last the rest of my life.

Walt

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJL
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
psn
RVG
(unknown member)
ck3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
itt
tom
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow