The LiveView Poll

Started Sep 5, 2007 | Discussions thread
BroncoGuy Contributing Member • Posts: 513
Re: The LiveView Poll - it will affect my decision of what to buy

If the A700 has no live-view, it will decrease in value for me. I take many candid shots of my son and daughter. It is much better to take these shots from their eye-level (3 foot for my son and less for my daughter). Getting my eye down that far to look through a viewfinder is not easy or quick to accomplish. With my Minolta A2, I use the live view LCD almost all the time despite its amazing EVF.

I want a good and usable live view before I jump into the dSLR market. Canon, Nikon, Olympus, and Panasonic are all providing one. Maybe the A700 is too much camera for me as I am not a pro and I don't need a pro camera. Without live view, unless it opens up a can of whoop ... on the other cameras on the market, I don't know that I will consider it at all.

I was so sure that the next Sony would be the camera that woud lead me into the dSLR world, especially with the latest releases from Canon and Nikon, that was getting really excited for it. Without live view, no more.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJL
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
psn
RVG
(unknown member)
ck3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
itt
tom
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow