al1571 Senior Member • Posts: 1,405
Re: LiveView is indispensable

optical_illusion wrote:

EgonVLC wrote:

Now that we know there won't be liveview in A700, do you think it
would hurt A700 sales?

Yes I think it would hurt A700 sales. Liveview is an indispensable
feature for today's DSLRs.

I wasn't aware that many, percentage-wise, DSlr's had a 'liveview" feature to them. I heard the Evolt line and the new Canon have it and maybe a few more? It would have been nice on the Alpha and it's current successor. I have used it on standard digitals in the recent past. It is convenient and it has it's minuses too.

However my two cents doesn't figure that many people who are DSlr users are going to be swayed to a camera by the liveview feature. It's been my experience that those who are interested in the feature are mostly P&S folks. I'm not knocking P&S equipment or users either.

I started out in photograghy on an old Pentax film camera about 30 years ago. graduated to a 3000i and am now a proud Alpha owner. The lack of liveview didn't disway me from any of the DSlrs I was picking to buy. Truth be told the viewfinder is fine by me. In the long run I don't think the liveview feature will bring people to or get them to jump around the DSlr market on its own.
--
Al

http://www.flickr.com/photos/al_1571/

'There's a feeling I get when I look to the west and my spirit is crying for leaving.'

Minolta Maxxum 50 1:1.7(22)
Minolta Maxxum 35-80 1:4(22)-5.6
Sony 18-70 3.5-5.6 (KIT)
Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 DG APO Macro

al1571's gear list:al1571's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJL
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
psn
RVG
(unknown member)
ck3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
itt
tom
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow