The LiveView Poll

Started Sep 5, 2007 | Discussions thread
Alpha Doug Veteran Member • Posts: 9,222
Re: The LiveView Poll

Virtually useless toy. When you are in Live View mode on any Canon or Nikon camera, focusing is done differently (contrast detection) and is far less accurate than with the mirror down. You get total blackout while shooting fast, so tracking is near impossible. Hand held, you better get nothing but image stabilized lenses, cause you are going to bobble the thing holding it out far enough to view on the screen. Marketing, marketing, marketing.

I am really impressed that Sony has apparently listened to most of the desires of both the A100 upgrade crowd, and the leftover 7D crowd. I think they may have one upped both Canon and Nikon on image quality with the new processor which applies a minute amount of Noise reduction even to RAW images on the fly, on the chip, and the new 5 level DRO that you can shoot bracketed, and applied to RAW!

I'm sorry, image quality, and ergonomics are far more important to me than gimmicks.

How about the fact that the camera can shoot in 16:9 mode? I would find that useful for wide angle landscapes!

Quieter mirror drive for less shake and less noise? Stronger, quieter motor drive for autofocus? Improved auto-focus?

Real photographic improvements!

-- hide signature --

Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-}
http://www.dougwigton.com/

Alpha Doug's gear list:Alpha Doug's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJL
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
psn
RVG
(unknown member)
ck3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
itt
tom
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow