Rumor Mill! Canon Pulls Pre-order of 1DsMarkIII

Started Aug 23, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pezman Junior Member • Posts: 46
Rumor Mill! Canon Pulls Pre-order of 1DsMarkIII

Ok, this is STRAIGHT from the rumor mill so grab the proverbial salt on this one...

My Canon dealer here in SoCal called me this morning and informed me of the following (I was first on the waiting list for that location fyi)...

Apparantly, Canon has PULLED all their shipment queue for the 1DsMIII and are not taking orders at the moment.

The speculation is, that once Nikon announced their D3, that Canon immediately took that and decided to tweak the flagship model. This comes from a fairly reliable source who has quite a bit of contact within the Canon world.

He was also thinking that this is similar to what happened to Nikon when Canon announced the 1DMark II after Nikon's announcement of their flagship model a few years ago.

Interesting development to say the least, and one that is a total speculative rumor.

My take? Personally, I'd love to see Canon tweak the camera and give an option to shoot at 7fps at a lower resolution, the ability to add in a crop factor, and maybe bump the iso down to 12800
--
My lil spot on the web
http://www.pezpix.com

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow