P5000 versus Canon G7: Conflicting Information?? Please help...

Started Aug 12, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ultralinear Forum Member • Posts: 83
P5000 versus Canon G7: Conflicting Information?? Please help...

I have been reading about the Nikon P5000 and the Canon G7 for a few months now. There seems to be a lot of conmflicting information about speed of use.

In the last few days I have read that the P5000 is significantly slower from shot to shot, but that there's very little difference if the shooter prefocuses. That makes sense, but doesn't quite answer the question.

Then, I read yesterday (in this forum) that the P5000 is actually faster between shots than the G7 and that it was better suited to taking pictures of kids, etc. In this instance, the writer made reference to "shutter" lag" but I suspect that this may be a misuse of that term. It would seem to me that between shot speed would have more to do with processing speed and AF than any issue ralated to the shutter.

So, here's the question: Have there been any actual timing tests done between these and any other P&S cameras? I would think this to a be such a basic question as photography is so often a matter of split second timing.

My present camera is an ancient Minolta Dimage F200 which has served me well but is far too slow on turn on and between shots. I want to be as sure as I can that whatever I get is significantly faster...

Any actual comparison data or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow