Weekly Wildlife Thread aug 5 2007

Started Aug 5, 2007 | Discussions thread
NZ_Rob Regular Member • Posts: 171
Elephants from South Africa

All shot with Canon 400D with Canon 70-300 IS USM DO lens.

This female elephant, part of a large herd, was getting irritated with our proximity and was just turning to warn us away when I snapped this.

This elephant was browsing just below us as we stood on a bridge in the extreme northern end of Kruger National Park. (One of the few places in the park you can alight from your vehicle.)

A young female offers a submissive greeting to one of the largest females in the herd.

This small family group was part of a large female/young herd of over 50 elephants. I don't know if it's a mother and two different aged young or just a group of 'friends', but they always stayed right together.

For those who feel that longer is better when it comes to telephoto lenses, this elephant was so close to the vehicle that I couldn't begin to get the whole animal even zoomed back to 70mm. So I did the next best thing; I tried to explore the animal from a different perspective. It's not your typical elephant shot, but I like it.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Boo
Boo
Boo
Boo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow