15 days until 40D release!

Started Aug 5, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
birdshot Contributing Member • Posts: 718
15 days until 40D release!

Before you accuse me of spreading rumors, you must ask yourself one question. Why do you think you know what I’m talking about when I use the term “40D”? The name Canon will presumably use is predictable because the previous camera models were the 10D, 20D, and 30D, the next logical model will be called the “40D”. So it’s a reasonable bet that the new model will be called a “40D”.

I’m using the same logic with naming of the camera as I am in predicting the release date. Canon has had an 18 month product cycle on this line of cameras. Canon seems to make no secret of this. They like the automobile industry have to keep employees on assembly lines busy. With this 18 month heartbeat in mind, logic dictates the next release will happen during the 3rd week of August 2007.

There have been rumors that Canon has scheduled an announcement for Monday August 20th.

As to the actual specifications, Canon also seems to allow technology from its “Pro” cameras to trickle down to its “Prosumer” cameras. We can only guess what these changes will be. I guessing that the changes will be relatively mild as the changes from the 20D to the 30D were.

Anyway, I believe we will know on or about August 20th.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AJG
P J
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow