*WARNING* Hunter & the Hunted

Started Jul 29, 2007 | Discussions thread
RAL Veteran Member • Posts: 6,377
Re: I nominate you for president of the respect the D40 club

I've been trying to tell everyone how good it is for months, but I haven't been very well received here for that. I have tried to tell them that I initially only bought it for its size, as that was the one thing missing from my battery of D70, D100 and D1H - a small carryeverywhere camera that would allow me to use all my lenses (some as manual focus only) if I wanted to. I quickly became somewhat overwhelmed by the quality of the images straight out of the camera compared to the others and the ease of post process techniques if needed - they just don't take much and it seems much less of a hassle. Couple that with the size which is ideal for me and I'm sold. I'm sure others get good results out of what ever camera they have and I don't intend to run anybody's camera down, but really hate it when so many try to run down the D40 and peg it as a beginners only, socceer moms camera when it is capable of so much more and your posted photos show that well.

Here are a couple of birds in flight from mine.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
RAL
RAL
MC
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow