Nikon Coolpix P5000?

Started Jul 24, 2007 | Discussions thread
samoh2 Forum Member • Posts: 64
Re: Nikon Coolpix P5000?

I have taken around 300 photos so far w/ p5000. At the beginning I was a little frustrated but now I feel better--felling great and some frustration. I posted some phots I took on: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1007&thread=24172667

I think p5000 has a lot cabablity as I could take some nice photos (which I like). First It's easy to carry and to take photos. I put it in its case and can carry it anywhere. It's very small, but it's very easy to hold on my hand (which is relatively small). I often set UR-E20 extension lens adapter w/ Nikon 28mm UV filter on p5000. It makes me feel much more secure to carrry it on my hand while taking photos and also it is excellent place to hold the camera when I take a photo. It's small but much better than a tiny pocketable P&S cameras which has no place to hold. The LCD screen is good, but under sun light it becomes like mirror. I bought LCD screen protector w/ anti-reflect, and it works better--any way I needed to protect the screen.

Second, The camera is very easy to use for me (I've used cp4500. It's much better than cp4500 because p5000 has more buttons and dials).

The third, I think the lens is very good for such a small one (as cp950 and cp4500). Second, the 10M CCD takes a lot details on a photo (unlikely cp950 and cp4500). I posted some photos I took w/ p5000: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1007&thread=24172667

The fourth, VR seems to work well. I could use TC-E3ED w/ my hand! W/cp4500 it was very difficult.

The fourth, p5000 seems to work very well with the option lenses.

So far so good, but there are something I needed to concern.

First, focusing is better than cp4500 but it may be still difficult sometime when the object I wanted to take and the background are similar. Maybe I still need to learn how to use p5000, but I have missed a few shots because the focusing. I wish the camera can indicate the focused area. Anyway, I think I'm getting better.

Second, there is no auto exposure lock. P5000 has AE-L capablity w/ panorama, but it doesn't have AE-L stand-alone. When I used cp4500, AE-L was extreamly usefull. Because the dynamic renge of the CCD is not wide enough, I use AE-L! I often don't want to use exposure at focusing area too. I really hope that Nikon will update the farm ware w/ AE-L feature. Please~

All over so far very good w/ just a little frustration.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow