D40x and 18-200VR Great travel combo!

Started Jul 11, 2007 | Discussions thread
OP jefenniejr Regular Member • Posts: 319
Re: D40x and 18-200VR Great travel combo!

I also have a D200 which I absolutely love, but I felt it was just too big to be lugging around through museums and the like. So the D40x gave me the same resolution in a smaller package. I had to really discipline myself not to take other lenses as well. I have a 12-24mm and it would have been nice on maybe a dozen shots. I just couldn't consider another pound in my small backpack for three weeks!

A few years back I took a FE2 (film) with a 35-135mm zoom to Europe and it was perfect; so I was trying to the duplicate the size/quality package this time around. I think it was a success, and I'll be using teh D40x more for my field forays and leaving the D200 to the studio work.

• NF

-- hide signature --

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science...' - Albert Einstein

http://www.lightimpressions.smugmug.com

jefenniejr's gear list:jefenniejr's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow