Noise & Image Quality (D200). . .

Started Jul 10, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
brian_191 Regular Member • Posts: 109
Noise & Image Quality (D200). . .

I currently own a Nikon D70 and am very pleased with it. I sport an 18-70mm, a 35mm prime, and an 80-200 f2.8D. I got a job shooting for the campus newpaper during the summer (I shot for the yearbook and local paper back home and as a hobby) but once the fall semester starts, my ancient D70 is going to be hard pressed to compete with the big guns the other photographers will use (alot lighter staff is used in the summer, lucky me). So I am considering an up grade. The D70 just doesn't have the image quality in low light situations that I am needing, I counter this, I am looking at the D200 but I have also heard the D80 uses basically the same sensor as the D200 so that makes me wondering if the D80 is the way to go. Also, the paper has all stock Canon equipment so it would help if I would switch to Canon but I can't see selling my Nikon lenses and then re-buying Canon counter-parts but if I did, I could see something like a 30D . . .

Anyway, what is the story of the low-light image quality on the D200 and D80, any better than the D70?

Thanks,
Brian

brian_191's gear list:brian_191's gear list
Canon G9 X Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow