Bird sound identification needed
I recorded this sound (edited to reduce the gaps between the calls, reduce the background noise, and increase the volume) from the window of my den early ( 5:30 am) one morning.
Can any of the bird experts that frequent this forum identify it for me?
I've been hearing this call frequently in the early morning and occasionally in the day time and evening (although I'm not at home as much during those times). My guess is that it is some kind of owl and since I have never seen, let alone photographed, an owl, I would love to find it (them) and try to get some photos. I've gone searching a couple times in the early morning, but haven't found anything.
If it helps, this is in a residential neighborhood in the San Francisco Bay area.
Thanks for your assistance.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%