Event Photography Lawsuit to Watch

Started Jun 16, 2007 | Discussions thread
Michael Fryd
Michael Fryd Veteran Member • Posts: 6,802
Mr. Wolf's other patent applications

For an entertaining read, you should go look at some of Mr. Wolf's other patent applications.

Application 20040036015 , Serial No.: 224674- using an electric eye to trigger a camera.

I am not a patent expert, but to my untrained eye, this appears to be an attempt to patent the 'photo finish' process used in horse races. In this process an electric eye causes a photo to be snapped when a race participant crosses a particular point in the race (say the finish line).

Application 20050117018 Serial No.: 008697- using remote controlled cameras to take pictures of a sporting event.

Again, I am not a patent expert, but this patent appears to cover the concept of using robotic cameras (like those used to produce network nightly newscasts) to cover a sporting event.

I haven't looked lately to see what else he is trying to patent, but I assume it will be interesting.

-Michael Fryd
(305) 673-5200

Michael Fryd's gear list:Michael Fryd's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW130 Canon EOS D60 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow