Optio S A90 error

Started Nov 16, 2006 | Discussions thread
Simon Ricketts New Member • Posts: 2
Re: Optio S A90 error

I got this reply from Pentax UK regarding the A90 fault. Seems your my only hope now.

Regards

Simon

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Unfortunately there is no firmware update available for this camera.

There once was a german Firmware update but this was removed because this firmware fixed some problems but in some cases also created bigger problems. (A part of the main printed circuit board could be disabled)

An A90 error means that there is a electrical fault on the main printed circuit board, and can only be repaired by sending the camera in for repair through your Pentax dealer.

I hope that your question has been answered to your satisfaction.

Should you have further questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

When replying, please make sure this email is included.

With kind regards,

Wim van Kleef
Pentax Digital Camera Support Team

Your Email:
Hi

My Optio has the common problem, according to the Internet forums. When Iswitch it on it gives the error A90. It would seem that this can be curedby a firmware update. The problem is I cannot now find the software fileanywhere on the net and it would appear that you have removed it from yourweb site. Would it be possible to send me the file or point me to it onthe net. Its been a great camera and although I have now bought a new
Pentax I would like to pass it on to one of my daughters.

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated.

Regards

Simon Ricketts

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow