Own D40, Sell D50 For Glass?

Started Jun 11, 2007 | Discussions thread
Holmes375
Holmes375 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,798
Re: Size, Although...

I've been running the D50 and the D40 against each other for a couple of months now and I can see no practical difference in high ISO performance ( I shoot RAW and use NX).

The D40 is going due to the smaller size which is not comfortable for me over several hours of use.

Really, outside of the in-camera motor issue, there just isn't enough of a performance difference between the two bodies to get excited about.

Anyone that thinks they're saving themselves from a cumbersome DSLR by buying the D40 over the D50 is mistaken. If one is disinclined to carry a D50 out will not find the D40 any easier to pack about. The size difference is more relative to hand/finger size than anything. One body may well be more comfortable and ergonomically efficient than the other for various hand sizes/shapes.

Both the D40 and D50 blow my mind at high ISO as long as the photog is doing his/her job behind the viewfinder in terms of exposure.
--
Holmes

Holmes375's gear list:Holmes375's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow