Own D40, Sell D50 For Glass?

Started Jun 11, 2007 | Discussions thread
lucky pierre Contributing Member • Posts: 649
Re: Its hard for me to understand

As usual, I agree with Gene-would you really leave the D50 home just because it's slightly larger than the D40?

I just sold my 18-200VR w/several filters (maybe you missed it on ebay). Because I have the D50 and D40, I don't really need the lens. I usually take both cameras with me for outdoor stuff and, with the D40 kit lens or the 18-70, and the 70-300VR, I have a more versatile focal range and better image quality (just my opinion).

I haven't really noticed any D40 related issues aside from lens compatability but, with people having to spend $400. for a third party prime, I'm not sure you can claim that the "issue has been resolved".

I like both cameras and can get really good JPGs from either. I also like the improvements on the D40 but am not convinced they outweigh the flexibility I have with the D50 and lenses. The real advantage of the D40 is its low noise with good detail at ISO 800/1600 where it really shines.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow