Hypothetical future EOS 5D/30D

Started Jun 11, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Radio Denver Senior Member • Posts: 1,002
Hypothetical future EOS 5D/30D

Just wondering about the future of these two cameras. I'm in a speculative mood today and thought I'd throw this out for discussion.

Neither the 30D nor the 5D have been updated for a while and there is no compelling evidence that Canon will release a makeover for either body by the end of the year (I could be wrong thoug.)

Looking at the two bodies, they are more alike then different, despite the fact that the 5D has a larger sensor and more pixels. I'm thinking there is no point for Canon to update the 30D at all and that the 5D is the update for the 30D for all practical purposes.

I'll go out on a limb and speculate, if the 30D is updated, it will be to a 12MP sensor at 5fps, essentially 5D with the performance specs of the 30D in roughly the same body (I"m sure the battery grip won't work on either older camera...no money in that). We won't see it until next summer.

The 5D will vanish... The 3D will be the replacement, 16 MP, 4 fps, hybrid body between existing style and 1 series, slightly larger grip that will hold two batteries. It'll have all the new gee-wiz consumer stuff everybody wants and cost $3900. We'll see it next February.
--
Visit me at

http://www.have-camera-will-travel.com/

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow