Got My D40, Some Pics

Started Jun 9, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
larrytusaz Senior Member • Posts: 2,559
Got My D40, Some Pics

Got my D40 today, went to the PO Box hoping to see the keys to open the larger box or the little yellow slip for packages too large to fit in the box.

Viola, there it was!

Could hardly contain my excitement opening the box, opened it right there in the Post Office box in front of everyone.

It has about 500 shutter actuations and was in mint condition, was packages as if brand-new.

So far I'm loving it. The size is fine, and the INFO button setup, while not as good as hard buttons, is not as bad as I thought--and the ability to see ISO at all times without having to call it up sure helps. And yes, the viewfinder does seem a bit better than the D50.

Took some shots today with it and the 18-55mm II lens and manual focusing with the 50mm f/1.8 AF-D.

Us & baby with 18-55mm II

Baby with 50mm f/1.8 AF-D focused manually

Baby with 18-55mm II

Cat with 18-55mmII

Baby with 18-55mmII

So far, loving it. Now I'm looking to go into the countryside to get some "artistic" shots, but I need RAW software--any suggestions?

larrytusaz's gear list:larrytusaz's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D600 Nikon D3300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow