1d3 cheap plastic cover falls off during first shoot

Started Jun 4, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
em_dee_aitch Veteran Member • Posts: 3,675
1d3 cheap plastic cover falls off during first shoot

On this overall great and awesome camera, here is another boneheaded bit of stupidity that Canon put over on us...

That thing called the Extension System Terminal which has a nickel-sized platic screw-on cover....

The first thing I did when I took the camera out of the box was to instinctively notice this new item and make sure it was screwed on properly. Then after ensuring that it was screwed on properly, it fell off into a grassy field during my VERY FIRST shoot, without ANY intervention or encouragement on my part. Dang thing just unscrewed itself. This is obvoiusly some kind of cheap-out maneuver versus the old rubber covers that pretty much don't fall off without a lot of effort. I don't approve of this screw-on thing at all. Tomorrow I will be calling Canon to request a dozen of this stupid item, becuase I bet they'll be falling off every week. Want to bet they will start selling them for $6.95 each????

-- hide signature --

David Hill
http://www.davidhillphoto.com
Austin, Texas

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AFS
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow