Auditioning with the 85/1.4

Started Apr 15, 2007 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 4,760
Re: Rules of Engagement

Frank . . TRY to hear my post in the light is intended. NOT mean spirited, just telling it the way I feel . . straight, one man to the other. I am a fast typer so there are many 'words' here. smile

Frank, honestly . . . . if you just lightened up. Didn't take yourself too serious. Humble yourself or thicken your skin if you are going to continue posting the way you do. Don't get so defensive or worry about what people think (IF it's negative). You do perfectly fine when you hear the positive only and everyone agress with you. Well there are two sides.

Bring yourself 'level' to the rest of us . . . . don't post threads AT people. No one needs to know that you named a lens or zillions of threads that state a lens is the 'end all be all' as if you have 50 years experience . . . then post photos to prove yourself . . . get defensive if it's questioned or disagreed with OR God forbid, found fault with . . . . . then act out. Though you blame others of "acting out". . . . You really do set yourself up for this. But you just don't see it, so you keep doing the same thing over and over and over.

Even your new comment . . . . there is no "changing of the guard" . . . . I for one have been here longer then you (though my signature says differenty because I came here one day and someone had changed my name and date 'automatically'). smile . . . . . I see many of the same ole faces. Though people come and go. But here is where your ego kicks in . . there was no "guard" to change. It's as if now that some are not Frank gaga, you think something has changed your "guard". That's the kind of stuff that you don't get. This place is not about you, your certain friends, me or any 'one' . . . . it's about others and everyone. You act as if you, your friends or the people who went nuts for every shot you ever posted, all your posts were the "guard".

You NEVER look at your part . .EVER! It's always others. Either they agree with your assessment and your photos, or it's a "changing of the guard" or they get called names or they get a defensive comeback. The pitiful Frank is a new one. Do you see how egotistical that is? Frankly, I think what you may be seeing is, some have simply gotten tired of this.

Why do I look? To see what you come out with or up with next! It's not stalking I assure you.

pbase and the like is where people post photos. From my understanding dpreview is where people talk lenses and maybe post 'some' photos to ask a question or offer help. Isn't that why it's called Lens Talk?

If we are being talked AT, then large amount of photos are being posted in the thread to PROVE your point, it seems all about 'you' or just a reason to post your photos and recieve positive comments. Especially if others can't have negative or contrary input without your drama.

Find some humility. I for one would be very impressed if you EVER just came out and had a thread that said something like . . . '2 to 3 years ago I was shooting Nikon point and shoots and now I see this cheap little 50 1.8 lens is a lot of fun' yada yada yada. Instead we get things like "The Beast (which I named) on MY Photo Job" then 6 shots and some point blank comment etc.

Come to think of it and I could be wrong . . . I don't know if I have ever seen you start a thread with a question . . . as if there is something you don't know and us low lifes MIGHT be able to offer help. God forbid we may think you don't know everything. Someone posts a couple of their photos in a thread about a lens . . . . Frank posts more of HIS.

You act like you are a 25 year seasoned pro, have all the answers on all lenses and are going down in history as the guy who named them with cutsey little names . . . and you are working photo jobs daily and there should be nothing but praise for your photos and knowledge. Yet the other day when it was recommended that with all this ability / knowledge, maybe you should post a certain thread in the Pro Forum, you say it's just a little craft you enjoy (paraphrase)

Everyone starts somewhere . . .I hope in 2 months you are swamped and are the President of Nikon if that is your wish. But for the time being . . . maybe lighten up, look at your part, just have some fun, don't take it too serious. You don't have to know everything, be the King of dpreview and be open minded and humble. BTW . . I certainly don't 'do' dpreview correctly . . . that's for sure. Yet I don't set myself up with the threads you start. I CERTAINLY have my faults! Again, this isn't a people pleasing / photo pleasing contest around here. It's not about one person, a group or cliques of people . . . . it's about much more. I too need to do better. I'm going to try more.
--
Knox
--
http://www.avatarphotoart.com
Alley Cats . . . Urban Tails (the book)
http://www.urbantailsbook.com
http://www.pbase.com/streetkid

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
jlf
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow