D2H/D2Hs meter/Err survey

Started Apr 11, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TomEG Regular Member • Posts: 498
D2H/D2Hs meter/Err survey

With more and more reports of a second big hardware problem with the D2H, I made this little survey, just out of curiosity.
Is this "Err" issue just as common as the infamous meter failiure?

Is this "Err" issue just a D2H problem (like the meter failiure), or does this one happen on the D2Hs as well?

So if you are a D2H/D2Hs owner, please take the 10 seconds to fill out the form that you'll find here:
http://www.tomerik.org/surveys/d2h/default.asp

For those that are not familiar with these two issues, here is a short recap:

Meter failiure: -a known hardware failiure that could give many different symptoms. Nikon will fix this for free, even if the camera is out of warranty. I encountered the following symptoms in this order: wrongly exposed images, wild focus hunting, totally dead body.

"Err"-issue: -not linked to the previous meter failiure, but a separate issue. Symptoms are: Shutter lock up on the first shot when the camera have been left alone for a while. Most of the time solved by pressing the shutter button again. This is an issue that, most times, will not be fixed for free by nikon, although I have read comments that some did get it fixed for free.

If anyone have other symptoms, please post them in this thread.

Thanks
Tom

TomEG's gear list:TomEG's gear list
Nikon D40X Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Nikon D100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
FKS
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow