D40 Over exposed problem?

Started Apr 9, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cebu_Boy Contributing Member • Posts: 690
D40 Over exposed problem?

Hi,

just bought D40 and tried it all day at Legoland theme park. All pictures are over exposed. One thing I notice tonight when I press shutter halfway to see the aperture and shutter speed, the meter/scale for exposure is always on the right most. even if I change the EV to -3, when I press shutter it will always go to the right most. the right most part of the EV meter is to make the picture brigther right? so I guess this is why all my pictures are washout because it always meter to the right most. is there something wrong w/ my camera metering? i remeber few days ago a somebody here complain about his D40 always takes over exposed pictures and change it w/ D40x and now he is happy. i dont want to get D40x i tried to reset everything and make sure all the values are 0 or normal. pls help. btw i always use P mode if this helps. anybody here who own D40 can you pls check using P mode Flash off and Flash off try pressing your shutter and check your EV meter if its in the middle or to the left or right. thanks.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow