Canon S410 stolen and new SD800IS not cutting it - Suggestions??

Started Mar 28, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hooked1 New Member • Posts: 20
Canon S410 stolen and new SD800IS not cutting it - Suggestions??

My beloved S410 was stolen on a recent trip to the UK and I'm struggling to find a replacement. I recently got a Canon SD800 IS but it just isn't the same! THe S410 may not have done anything perfect, but overall it did everything pretty well and thus, was a teriffic camera! THe SD800 IS just isn't as good overall.

I have a nice dSLR but our family really did use the S410 a heck of a lot. THe size was perfect for dropping in your pocket, etc. In fact, on long hikes/bike trips I usually opted for the S410 over the dSLR because of the weight. We could depend on it to take really nice shots right off the camera that didn't require much, if any, post processing/fiddling. I just need a P&S we can pick up and use inddors and out, without having to dial in too many specific settings for different conditions. It also needs to be small.

I've combed the forums and it just seems all the contenders have at least one or two things that they fall flat on. I've been looking at the Fuji F30/31, Panisonic FX30 and maybe even just getting another S410 off of ebay (scared of getting one with the lens error prob though). I sure would welcome any advice offered though!

Thanks!

Noah

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow