the polar bear climate change photo

Started Mar 24, 2007 | Discussions thread
Chipsthe1 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,828
Re: Something for you to read

Chato wrote:

I want to be careful not to call you personally a liar. But NO
SCIENTIST ever claimed that there was going to be a global freeze.
This was a media extravaganza based on one very cold winter in the
North East. This has become an Urban Legend.

Really?

Harry Bryden at the National Oceanography Centre in Southampton, felt the analysis by his group demonstrated Europe faced another ice age.

Arctic explorer Donald MacMillan opined that we were facing another ice age. Although that was back in 1920 so perhaps that should not count.

Khabibullo Abdusamatov said he and his colleagues had concluded that a period of global cooling similar to one seen in the late 17th century
Russian Academy of Sciences’ predicted another forthcoming ice age.

There were others as well so it was not just media outcry nor was it an Urban Legend. I do not know if there is global warming or not but I do know that scientists not many years ago were predicting cooling and something akin to an ice age. There were indeed scientists making such predictions.

Weather predictions are very tricky, right now even a forecast for seven days in advance is far from 100% accurate. That makes me think that I will have shuffled off this mortal coil before global warming makes a great impact on the human race.

Shoot lots of pictures, always fill the frame

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
igb
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow