G7 vs. Nikon P5000 Shutter Lag

Started Mar 24, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dtp Regular Member • Posts: 255
G7 vs. Nikon P5000 Shutter Lag

As an owner of a Canon G7 camera I have been quite satisified except for the long shutter lag experienced with both in camera and external flash. I photograph children and find this to be a problem. I have been testing my new Nikon P5000 and have discovered that the Nikon has a much shorter shutter lag time. This has make quite a difference in getting the photographs that are missed on the Canon due to the long shutter lag. The Nikon P5000 is fast and the pictures so far are sharp and well balanced. It tends to over expose slightly as does the G7, so I dial down .3 to compensate. The cameras each serve a purpose, with the edge given to Nikon for portability. They are both made well with the edge definitely to Canon. I like the fact that the Nikon has a small external sb400 flash that bounces and fits the camera so well. It exposes flawlessly. I have just started to test and compare, but am really happy that the Nikon has such a short lag time. I was hoping for this. I am keeping both, because I would not know which one to return. They are two terrific cameras, each with their own strengths.

dtp's gear list:dtp's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony RX100 III
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow