Coolpix P5000 received + samples (large)

Started Mar 19, 2007 | Discussions thread
GlenGrant
GlenGrant Regular Member • Posts: 296
Coolpix P5000 - 1 CAT

Well having just goteen my hands on one yesterday I have to say that initial reaction to this unit is very good for me. Real world tests are yet to be undertaken.

General feel of this camera is very good, love the grip, the thumb rest is excellent (I have large hands). The ease of user interaction with menus and dials is comfortable to me and optical view finder is a blessing given that my normal bodies are all pro series (D2H, D200, D2Xs).

I got this unit to be a simple walk about to capture more than my usual target images and to also do some behind the scene work.

Only having taken 9 photos to far, all in varied test modes and also being a Pro series person I doubt I am yet able to create any real review other than to say so far I am pleased at what it can do.

The AF assist had my "girls' going nuts as I played but I did manage to get a couple of good shots and I have included it here for viewing along with a link for the actual download of the image should anyone wish for "analysis".

Original: "

"

The photo taken in my basement with very poor background light and with not much thought to anything but to see what it can do.

So far I am very pleased at it's features and functionality, my image print off was excellent.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow