Just installed Katzeye in D200

Started Mar 21, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John Pedersen Forum Member • Posts: 98
Just installed Katzeye in D200

I just installed a Katzeye in my D200 and it is awesome. Someone on this forum put me onto the website when I asked why manual focus was a bit of a lottery with matte screens, and why split screens were not available in DSLRs.

I took the punt and paid about US$132 in total to get it to New Zealand and fitted it myself (would have been a lot more to ship my D200 to Maryland to have them fit it).

Not difficult to fit really. The tricky part was figuring out the clip wire catch, then remove the original matte screen and pop the new screen in, then check through the viewfinder that it's aligned with the LCD markings, close the clip wire and you're done.

So far the results are excellent with manual focus at any distance. The autofocus is spot on, but if there isn't enough light or contrast for the autofocus to work, you can see if it's out at half pressure because the microprism is split. Simple, just flick to manual and get it spot on everytime.

Even with an 18-200 VR at 200mm, F22, VR off, the image through the viewfinder is nice and clear, and the split prism is clear and bright. Can't ask for more than that.

If anyone else misses the manual focussing with a split screen, I can recommend Katzeye Optics. The website could do with a redesign, but the service and product is definitely professional.

Cheers
JP

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow