Coolpix P5000 received + samples (large)

Started Mar 19, 2007 | Discussions thread
Peter Bendheim
Peter Bendheim Senior Member • Posts: 2,365
Re: Image quality is very good

It's really difficult to judge images properly unless you know exactly what the camera settings are; the higher end point and shoot cameras and DSLR's are very customisable.

Personally I prefer to sharpen in post processing so I'm happy to have images that are slightly softer and hopefully freer of artifacts.

The G7 is pretty sharp and I'm very pleased with it up to iso400, but if the Coolpix works well, I'd prefer the SLR-like interface of the Coolpix as it seems pretty seamless in operation to my D2X / D200 ergonomically. When you use several bodies at the same time as I do, ease of pickup and use is quite important.

Again, difficult to judge finally unless you have set up a camera personally and taken the shots in accordance with your own personal style.

Despite being an experienced camera user, I'd say that any new camera takes me a week or two before it becomes my servant rather than my master, so seeing straight out the box shots from a new owner in a darkened room is difficult to judge.

I fiddle around lot before I get the basic set up that works optimally for me. My often initial disappointment in a camera then disappears largely once I've done the learning and paid the school fees.

The other website (the japanese one you refer to) looks so-so, but the subject matter and lack of compositional skill leaves me a bit dubious of the users talents, and therefore difficult to make a judgement call.

-- hide signature --
 Peter Bendheim's gear list:Peter Bendheim's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Canon G1 X III Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-T1 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
w3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow