Petition for Photographer's rights! (Australia)

Started Mar 11, 2007 | Discussions thread
JRP64
JRP64 Contributing Member • Posts: 574
Re: Petition for Photographer's rights! (Australia)

I don't live in Australia, but I agree a person should be able to take a camera to the beach. Here in the United States I've taken my camera to the beach in Florida and have taken some nice pictures; however, I don't go out of my way to shoot women in bikinis. I'm mostly try to take pictures of the large ships sailing out to sea, so I don't think many women would be out there that far. Anyways, I can see were you wouldn't want a pervert with a camera on the beach snapping pictures of women in bikinis or upskirting, but at the same time I don't think there should be a law prohibiting cameras either. I think it would be obvious a pervert with a DSLR camera and a huge telephoto lens snapping pictures of women in bikinis, so that would that would be a self-governing situation. By this I mean most women aren't alone at the beach and the boyfriend/husband would probably go over to the pervert and pound him into the sand. Small Point & Shoot cameras and cell phone cameras would be a problem, but most people with those are just taking family shots at the beach. I don't think stomping on the rights of the majority for a few bad apples would be right and if I was in Australia I would be signing that petition.

JRP64's gear list:JRP64's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow