guesses on sensor sizes in new Alphas?

Started Mar 9, 2007 | Discussions thread
futile32 Senior Member • Posts: 1,854
Re: guesses on sensor sizes in new Alphas?

I would guess that the flagship will be fullframe, why else would they be selling lenses with the old 35mm lengths on em?

Based on the recent evidence that Sony doesn't know when to stop cramming MP in (new 12mp compact), I would assume they will do their best to make an impact with a rather high MP. (even thou most people say that more MP isn't important, I bet the first thing everyone reads when a new camera spec is out, is the MP. Its in our nature; bigger and better, etc...)

The 7D replacement could be anything. Almost certainly a MP advance, likely to 12mp. Probably 1.5x crop as something users looking to buy the next model up from the A100 will be stranded by their APS lenses otherwise.

The only thing I'm really curious about with these bodies will be ISO cleanness, and if they have features like PC linkup, liveview, HDR, sensor cleaning, Highspeed crop, etc...

futile32's gear list:futile32's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Sony RX100 Sony RX100 III Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D +33 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow