SP-550...what's really important

Started Mar 9, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Eddie Senior Member • Posts: 2,451
SP-550...what's really important

I do appreciate all the threads here about how good or how bad the SP-550 is...CA, noise, video, startup speed and so on and on. All of that is important but to some it is not. What is important to some are the memories that are captured such as the one here of my granddaughter. The camera might not be perfect but this little girl surely is. I was going past these two sleeping on the couch and thought what a great memory a photo of the two of them would be, so I picked up my new SP-550 and snapped this shot at ISO 400 no flash. I must also add the I could have not captured this moment on the spot with my E-1 or my E-330 because I only have one leg and took this shot while balancing on that one leg holding my two crutches around both forearms and hoped for the best. Because of the size of the SP-550 and the IS I was able to take the picture on the spur of the moment. The picture and the camera might not be technically perfect but the image is priceless to me. This camera suits me just fine with "all" it's flaws that have been pointed out here on this forum. Again, the SP-550 is not perfect but at $500 I was not expecting it to be.
Eddie

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow