S3-S5-5D Group Photos

Started Mar 6, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Walter S Matthews Veteran Member • Posts: 3,311
S3-S5-5D Group Photos

One of my difficult shots that I am asked to take in almost every other wedding is a group shot of the entire wedding party.

In many situations it is like trying to herd cats into a corner of a cattle ring where the edges of the fences, and holes in the fences are significantly bigger than the size of the cats but we try every time we are asked.

In this case the keeper of the inner sanctum was warning me that there is a very short interval before the next wedding was to proceed and very few of the people were paying attention to me or anything else other than trying to get to the bride to congratulate her but we did get a few shots...

I shot this with the Canon 5D, and the Fuji S5. My wife shot it with her S3.

First the 5D

Next the S3

Finally the S5

For the pixel peepers I tried to crop the same portion of each photo for close up comparison. I won't comment now but the conmparison is interesting.

First the 5D

Next the S3

And finally the S5

The 5D was shot RAW and the ends of the exposure curves were brought to the zero points left and right. The white color temperature of the RAW image was set to make the foreground look as close to the S5 image as I could get it. There were no saturation or hue adjustments to the 5D shot. The JPG that was recorded in the 5D at the same time as the RAW image was not usable because of blown highlights. The S5 and S3 images were jpg's strait out of the camera with no adjustment of any kind. XIF data were not altered or concealed.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow