Re: Excellent analysis!

Thom Hogan wrote:

Perry Jacobs wrote:

I don't think most great photographs communicate only observation,
if that is what you meant to imply.

No, I didn't. If all it took was good analysis, all analysts would
be great photographers. And I think I said "photographers" not
"photographs."

I agree with this interesting requirement that you have found to be useful in photography. But I feel also that it enables person to be able to accomplish also in other areas that photography (economics, marketing, sciences, arts too if can handle photography if one just has patience etc.).

I actually have never thought of that as a requirement but I now do understand more about the photographers I do know personally. I am saying I had pretty well pictured where they are in the overall "map" but now I feel I have a "name" for an important ("new") factor that deserves to be "recognized" on its own. So perhaps 6 factors in the equation now, not 5 anymore;-)

Thom, one interesting list of key necessities in perfecting anything are found from "Akin's Laws of Spacecraft Design":
http://spacecraft.ssl.umd.edu/akins_laws.html

(and now there is said to be evolutionary lists around for almost every purpose that have origins in this Akins original list...)

-- hide signature --

Osku

Osku's gear list:Osku's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
RAL
(unknown member)
pjv
pjv
pjv
pjv
(unknown member)
thw
RAL
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow