Started Mar 2, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Freddy Regular Member • Posts: 191
New Mark III Ds announced by Canon

Found the info at:

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/Canon_1DS_MkIII.html

From that site:

"In preparation for PMA I'm told there was a conference at the MGM Grand hotel in Las Vegas. The conference was on new chip technology, hosted by the association of photography engineers. The main sponsor of the show was Canon (they had 50 of the new 1D Mark III cameras there for testing by the group)

I'm told (Thanks!) that:

"Canon senior engineer, Taki Somoishe, stated today in Las Vegas that the new Mark III Ds will ship in November in time for Christmas season. A 22mp full frame sensor with a new high speed chip coded Digic IV model. The camera will have a burst rate of 7 frames per second. The camera will not have a view screen similar to the 10 frame D model. The Mark III Ds will capture images in Jpeg, Raw and now tiff. More info to be announced in March"

No live display and we get Digic IV (is this the dual core version of Digic III? Also, Canon is hardly known for announcing/leaking products months ahead of availability? But who knows?

There was general surprise that Taki said what he did at the conference...

One other snippet was that although the 1D3 is an amazing camera, it's low on on pixels. New technology should allow 10 per second with at least 14mp (do I hear 1DMk3N)

I do like the idea of the 1Ds3 being available in time for all those last minute Christmas gift decisions -- now I know what all -my- friends will getting (since no more of them seem to have any spare wall space for any more of my big prints

Of course if Nikon do announce a forthcoming D3 or whatever at 18-20 MB and almost FF (with high speed crop mode), then 1Ds2 sales could head south and some major corporate customers might be tempted by Nikon -- unless, of course, we get some hint as to what is coming from Canon

In more 1D3 pricing info I'm told that it is available (to order) at Henry's in the Toronto area at $5500 Cdn. Also the Canon Australia site listing the EOS-1D Mark III body for $A6,499 which is the same price as for the EOS-1D Mark IIN body (full Aus price list)"

End of quote

Freddy's gear list:Freddy's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow