Nikon's PMA DSLR announcement

Started Mar 1, 2007 | Discussions thread
André BARELIER
André BARELIER Veteran Member • Posts: 9,434
Re: It's funny how things work out in Japan ...

Hi Jeff,

I think there are lot of people (like me), interested in a very small and light camera, but not a point and shot.

I still have an old Nikon film SLR camera, wich gave great results during the film days. But the package, with only 2 lenses, was about 2kgs.

Now, I'm 57, and I want a DSLR to decide myself what kind of picture I want (specially, I want to control DOF, wich is almost impossible with a prosumer, given the small sensor size), but I want to carry it everywhere when I'm travelling. I have a KM A2, 640g, great camera, but noisy, slow when it comes to AF, and excessive DOF, due to the small sensor.

That's why a D40 (or similar camera), with a good allround lens (like the 18-135) is very interesting for people like me.

Not pro stuff, but very good one : that's enough. A lot of people here think that this kind of combo is for newbies. That's a mistake : I'm not a newbie, but size and weight are a concern. And I'm sure there are many people in the same boat. Now, if I had to return to countries like South Africa, I'd add a 70-300 VR, and that would be perfect.
Regards
André

André BARELIER's gear list:André BARELIER's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon D3300 Nikon 1 J5 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
RAL
(unknown member)
pjv
pjv
pjv
pjv
(unknown member)
thw
RAL
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow