10mp 10fps 1.3 crop

Started Feb 17, 2007 | Discussions thread
Peter Carmichael Contributing Member • Posts: 727
Re: 10mp 10fps 1.3 crop

Just pointing out that a 10MP 1.3x crop is just about the same pixel density as the 1DSmkII.

I'm merely commenting to put this spec in perspective. If we want to gauge how far Canon's sensor technology (quantum efficiency) has moved forward, this will make a very interesting comparison to the 1DSmkII sensor and one can only imagine that it must be superior to that model, particularly in low light/high ISO, to support the needs of the sport shooter.

For the many voices who are regarding this spec as unexciting, I'd comment that if it is well executed it represents a very exciting development. However, the 10MP 400D sensor doesn't show any precedent for large strides in quantum efficiency/fill factor/bayer matrix efficiency.

I would prefer to see 10MP @ 5fps 1.3x crop being announced for the 30D replacement, showing up the D200 in all IQ regards. However, this would relegate EF-S lenses to the Rebel class of cameras only, so it seems unlikely.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow