10mp 10fps 1.3 crop

Started Feb 17, 2007 | Discussions thread
Jim F. Senior Member • Posts: 2,633
Re: 10mp 10fps 1.3 crop

If we assume this is correct, which I certainly hope not. I realize there are no specs here, but going by the base info this has got to be about as big of a snoozer release as the 30d and the 400d were.

A 2MP and 1.5 FPS increase with no significant sensor upgrade for better color fidelity, DR, and ISO ability will cause the 1DII market to remain hot for quite awhile, especially if Canon is upping the price again for the new release.

The 1.3 (1.25x) crop is another "so what" in my view, but I know some people like it. I'd much prefer that canon be able to process FF at 10 FPS, then we're really talking about some speed that will make a difference in all cameras down the line.

Again, this is assuming that this little bit of information is true. If there aren't significant changes to the sensor performance, it doesn't bode well for the 1Ds upgrade. A 22MP camera with the same everything else will cause many to run to the nearest store and buy a 1DsMk2. We don't have long (3 weeks) until the real news is known, whether good or bad.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow