The language of printing

Started Feb 6, 2007 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Flat view
paul1631 Regular Member • Posts: 108
The language of printing

Hello all.

I was just curious to see if there is any kind of industry standard in terms of language to describe a physical photograph.

I'm not looking for hard and fast answers by the way, I will continue to use my own terminology as I see fit and my clients understand it, I purely wonder what other people say.

Do you call them prints or proofs? Or in what situation do you call them one or the other?

If you have digitally printed (as opposed to dark room printing) the photograph on your own printer do you call it hand printed?

Giclee prints?

Fine art prints?

Archival quality?

Please express your thoughts and opinions.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow