AA-(antialiasing)-Filters / differences? / specifications? / Values?
Yes, I agree. Thank you for this information.
I wonder, if there are variable AA-Filters available, or if there is only the choise between weak and strong available ?
Is the D70 / D70s the only Nikon with a weaker AA-Filter ?
Do D40 and D80 have the same AA-Filter?
I think there won't be much difference, when printing to paper.
Nevertheless, on screen, this difference between Nikon D40, Canon 20D and Nikon D70 can be seen clearly. Ok, you can't compare a Canon to the Nikon as there is other technique behind. But I think also the Canon 20D has a stronger AA-Filter than the Nikon D70 and maybe therefore also less noise (?).
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4